Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Retired sort of, I'm an eighteenth century liberal, a whig. I'm married to a really smart lady, we have two sons. Our children are our success story. We have 5 cats (all strays) and 2 guinea pigs... more to come

Friday, January 28, 2005

The beginning of blogging

Well here we go. Do blogs or does blogging have to have a purpose? If so what is mine? Having read them for a couple of years or is that just one year I want to join in, I too, have something to say. Is this going to be my 15 minutes of fame? Am I going to be an Any Warhol statistic?
My blog title is brought to you courtesy Lewis because I had to learn that poem as a child and although I disliked his books which were certainly not for children, that small part has remained with me .So much of our lives are about cabbages and kings, sublime and ridiculous.
Copulation is ridiculous and conception is sublime! The making of life as opposed to the base instincts of domination and subordination. How about making something to use or making something to sell! Did you ever hear " They used to make soap to wash with, now they make it to sell!" Listen to the UN spokes people talking about the tsunami, read the Diplomad blog. Whose selling something ? whose doing something?
Here I am trying to determine what I want (need) to write about and I know that I'll be all over the map , off on this tangent, going down this road when I should be sticking to the subject, developing the theme, getting out those tightly reasoned arguments that I admire in others. Well, maybe that's why I'm blogging so I can just rattle on.
The Walrus Said

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home