Name:
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Retired sort of, I'm an eighteenth century liberal, a whig. I'm married to a really smart lady, we have two sons. Our children are our success story. We have 5 cats (all strays) and 2 guinea pigs... more to come

Friday, January 28, 2005

On Linking et al.

A short post to say that I am trying to set-up some Links to Web sites/Blogs (is there a difference?) that I have found interesting and enjoyable. Although I have been around computers for years and even earned a living selling and supporting business systems I still don't have that easy affinity that some people have with them. Let say that I 'm always suprised when I follow the instructions and it WORKS! Although I understand some of the concepts of how they function I am in awe when confronted with what they can do and the effect they can have on our lives. Like the idea of blogging. Blogging is telling other people what you and who you are, what you think is important, it is grass roots. It's a way of thinking and saying things away from that world of TV, of fast food, sound bytes, news anchors and predigested news.
Anyway, what I hope to do is have some links , some photos, and pull in some stuff that I think is interesting. Maybe some audio and video. A year ago we got a really nice Sony digital camera that can do up to forty minutes of video, I'm just starting to come to grips with it and I need to ugrade the memory half a gigabyte before I can do a decent amount of video.
I want to do this on my own without calling in any help. Lord knows there such a lot of free help on the net. Lots to do and I still want to unburden myself about " cabbages and kings".

1 Comments:

Blogger Brent Colbert said...

Hello david thanks for the comment on my blog, you shoudl concider joining the bloggingtories.ca and if you want to add links to site that intrest you set up an account at blogrolling.com. If you need any help adding a blogroll to your site just let me know.

Brent

http://blog.brentcolbert.com

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home